POSITION : Early Head Start Infant/Toddler Center Based Teacher (8 teachers) RFT
SALARY : DOE
OPENING DATE : October 11, 2017
CLOSING DATE : October 25, 2017
LOCATION : Omaha Tribe of Nebraska
Early Head Start Program
SUMMARY: Serve as one of two primary teachers for an assigned group of eight infants or toddlers in a center based environment. Early Head Start child/teacher ratio is 4:1. Responsible for co-planning and implementation of educational programs with co-teacher for 0 to 3 year old infants and toddlers which reflect best practices and integration of Omaha Tribe culture when possible into curriculum. EHS teachers will loop with the same group of infants/toddlers for three years, and move physically with them each year to the next developmentally appropriate classroom.
EHS teachers are expected to share all responsibilities within their classroom, and to create an environment of nurturance and sharing with all children. Must be able to have open communication with co-teacher regarding daily operation of classroom and child/parent needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Must maintain confidentiality of all child's and family information and records.
2. Plan and implement age appropriate child development lesson plans which provides a variety of activities designed to enhance infant and toddlers social, emotional, physical, cognitive, and intellectual development.
3. Promotion of a safe, attractive and stimulating physical environment for infants and toddlers and also establishing and maintaining consistency of rules.
4. Reinforce positive self-image, pride, and cultural identity with infants and toddlers during all activities.
5. Meal times with children will be in a family setting with at least one teacher, preferably both sitting at the table engaging in conversation with the infants and toddlers. Infants
and toddlers are encouraged, but not forced to eat or taste. Encourage older toddlers in self-help and independence skills by involving them in set up and clean-up activities.
6. Maintain accurate daily records on attendance, daily intake, medical log, infant and toddler
eating/sleeping/toileting information for distribution in child file and to parents as well as other required forms.
7. Maintain weekly online documentation of your four assigned children's' developmental progress in Child Plus as well as in Teaching Strategies Gold
8. Assist the family and child, and other relevant staff in developing an Individual Family
Services Plan (IFSP) or Individual Education Plan (IEP) for special needs children.
9. Conduct two home visits annually per family as stated in the Federal Performance
1. Minimum Child Development Associate credential. Experience with infants/toddlers in
a group setting preferred.
2. Computer literacy using Windows, Microsoft Office, Internet and email.
3. Proof of a physical examination within the last six months, which includes a tuberculosis test, and comply with other background checks as required by Omaha Tribe and HSPS..
1. Preference for A.A. degree in early childhood education
**INDIAN PREFERENCE WILL E PRACTICED, HOWEVER, ALL QUALIFIED
APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE SEND RESUME/APPLICATION TO:
OMAHA TRIBE OF NEBRASKA
ATTN: PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT
P.O. BOX 368
MACY, NE 68039
TELEPHONE (402) 837-5391
FACISIMILE (402) 837-4394